Persona 5 is a main title in the Persona franchise. It's the long awaited sequel to Persona 4, featuring a new cast of characters who have the ability to "steal the hearts" of their adversaries. It uses a brand new engine with updated graphics and gameplay. Persona 2’s battle negotiations also make a return.
An updated rerelease titled Persona 5 Royal launched on PS4 only, which adds new story content and several quality of life enhancements, similar to P3FES and P4G before it.
A mod called Persona 5 EX, developed by DeathChaos, aims to backport some features from Royal to the PS3 version (but is by no means a complete backport). It also includes tweaks that un-hardcore aspects of the game, thus making mod creation easier on users. Some mods may require P5EX as a dependency.
In the USDIR directory of Persona 5's PKG file:
In the Japanese version's Update PKG files:
In the EU/US version's DLC PKG files:
Like Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable, multiple CPK archives comprise Persona 5's filesystem. You can either modify an existing CPK, or patch the EBOOT to load a new CPK that has priority over the contents of all other CPKs. (see mod.cpk).
Persona 5's CPK files do not need to be compressed. The only requirement is that you must keep the filesystem structure intact. For instance, if you want to replace ps3.cpk/sound/bgm.awb, make a folder in your new cpk called sound and place the new bgm.awb inside.
It should be noted that there are duplicates/redundancies of things found in the files. Some of these files aren't used at all.
- data.cpk/model/character - A list of all the character models in the game
- data.cpk/model/weapon - A list of all the weapons and which models they use
- data.cpk/model/item - A list of all the prop models in the game
- data.cpk/model/field_tex/object - A list of all the field objects in the game
- sound - A list of all files contained inside the sound folder
- BGM - A list of all the background music files in the game
- Battle quotes - A list of all files containing battle voice clips
- Accessories - A list of all Accessory equips
- Arcanas - A list of all Arcanas
- Armors - A list of all Armor equips
- Confidants - A list of all Confidants
- Consumables - A list of all Consumable items
- Encounters - A list of all enemy encounters
- Enemies - A list of all enemies
- Key Items - A list of all Key Items
- Materials - A list of all Material Items
- Melee Weapons - A list of all Melee Weapons
- Outfits - A list of all equippable Outfits
- Party Members - A list of all party member names
- Personas - A list of all usable Personas
- Ranged Weapons - A list of all Ranged Weapons
- Skill Cards - A list of all Skill Cards
- Skills - A list of all usable Skills
- Field - List of all field maps in the game
- Event - List of events in the game
- Bustup - A list of all the bustups in the game
- Flags - A list of all bit flags that can be toggled in P5
- Counters - A list of all counter values that can be changed in P5
- ENV - A list of all .env files and their version numbers
- Fadeouts - A list of all fadeouts (to be used with FADEOUT flowscript command)
- Room Decorations - A list of Joker's Room Decoration Items
- MSG Colors - A list of colors used by clr message function