|Persona 5 Adachi Mod
The Persona 5 Adachi Mod replaces the main character with Tohru Adachi from Persona 4. Models were taken from Persona 4 Dancing All Night for Adachi and his various costumes. Update progress can be tracked on Trello.
- New player model (Phantom Thief outfit designed by User:Crowpocalypse)
- Start the game with Magatsu Izanagi instead of Arsene
- New art for the user interface (created by User:Crowpocalypse)
- New voice clips (dual audio, ported by User:ShrineFox)
- New BGM (from various Persona titles and other games)
- Several different costumes to try out (rigged by User:ShrineFox)
Work on the project began around December 15, 2017 when User:ShrineFox began testing an early beta of GFD Studio by rigging Adachi's Dancing model to Joker. Shortly after successfully replacing the field models, a call to action was posted on YouTube for collaborators on the mod. User:Crowpocalypse answered by directly contributing both 2D and 3D assets throughout the process, while User:ShrineFox handled rigging, scripting and sound. A teaser was posted on January 20, 2018 featuring an early awakening cutscene and some gameplay. By December 25, 2018, the project was completed and a release trailer was uploaded.
- If you trigger a romance route during your playthrough with the Adachi mod active, you will get a bonus Bad Ending which removes the flag and the game proceeds as normal. This was intended to address the age gap between Adachi and the game's love interests in an unexpected way. The implementation was discussed in a blog post. In future updates, there are plans to allow romancing other adult characters.
- The Phantom Thief outfit was inspired by Persona 4: the Animation, as Adachi is able to control the reapers in the TV World. The costume's initial inspiration was from Deadly Premonition's antagonist, the Raincoat Killer.
- The Hometown Outfit was inspired by Persona 4: the Golden Animation, featuring a flashback to Adachi's young adult life in which he wore a blue college uniform.
- His glasses were also inspired by that scene, although he also wears similar glasses in Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Dancing All Night.