|Persona 5 Royal|
Persona 5 Royal is a re-release of Persona 5 that adds story content and game mechanics (similar to Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden). It features a new party member named Kasumi, a new dungeon, and a new semester during the life portion of the game.
In the USRDIR of the Chinese QA build PKG
Additional Language files. Found in the USRDIR of the US/EU version of the game.
|dataR_F.cpk||playgoR_F.cpk||French||Contains French Text/Button Translations|
|dataR_G.cpk||playgoR_G.cpk||German||Contains German Text/Button Translations|
|dataR_I.cpk||playgoR_I.cpk||Italian||Contains Italian Text/Button Translations|
|dataR_S.cpk||playgoR_S.cpk||Spanish||Contains Spanish Text/Button Translations|
Due to the game largely functioning the same as Persona 5, Persona 5 Royal has many of the same filetypes as the PS4 edition of Persona 5.
P5R is currently moddable on PS4 consoles with HEN-exploitable firmwares (5.05, 6.72, 7.55 and 9.00). A fake signed PKG must be installed. In the case of 5.05, it must also be backported to that firmware. Note that you need to hold onto the base fPKG of the game on your PC to generate modded update PKGs from.
Using the Dumper payload hosted on most exploit pages that include HEN (such as this one), you can dump the unencrypted contents of the installed game PKG to your USB device and transfer to PC for extraction. To extract the CPK files, use this.
Mod Compendium Method
Following this guide, you can use the Mod Compendium to generate a custom update PKG for P5R to be installed on the PS4. Using HEN, you can install the PKG on your PS4 via USB (in the console's Debug Settings) or over the network via a homebrew called Remote Package Installer. The update includes an EBOOT that automatically patches out the intro logos for quick startup.
To create an update PKG without using the Mod Compendium (due to technical difficulties or personal preference), you will need:
- the base fPKG of the game on PC
- the extracted update directory (you can use this one as a base, comes with logo skip eboot)
- gengp4.exe and orbis-pub-cmd.exe (or orbis-pub-gen)
You can optionally edit the changeinfo.xml file in your update directory before building to include a changelog that will show up on the PS4 (convenient for remembering what mods are installed). The Mod Compendium method automatically fills this out:
- Create your custom CPK and replace the empty PATCH1R.CPK in the update folder's USRDIR folder. The same requirements apply to the patch CPK as do normally to mod.cpk.
- Run the command prompt and run gengp4.exe with the only parameter being the path to your update directory, like so:
- Run the following commands with orbis-pub-cmd.exe in the command prompt also:
"C:\Path\To\orbis-pub-cmd.exe" img_create --oformat pkg --tmp_path "C:\Path\To\OutputFolder" "C:\Path\To\CUSA08644-patch.gp4" "C:\Path\To\OutputFolder" "C:\Path\To\CUSA08644-patch"(or use orbis-pub-gen for a GUI). First, open the GP4 in notepad to make sure the path to your original PKG is valid as it is required.
- A PKG should eventually be generated which you can send to your PS4 for installation. It may take awhile to complete the integrity check since P5R's original PKG is massive. However, it is apparently optional as you can close the program once the CPK is created (and is at its full filesize) without any corruption. This is what the Mod Compendium does automatically to save time.
- Character Models - A list of all the character models in the game.
- BGM - A list of all the background music files in the game
- BGM_XX - A list of all the DLC background music files in the game
- Bustup - A list of all the bustups in the game
- Assist Bustup - A list of all the assist (navi) bustups in the game
- Field - List of all field maps in the game
- Flags - A list of all bit flags that can be toggled in P5R
- Event - A list of all events in the game
- Room Decorations - A list of Joker's Room Decoration Items
- Accessories - A list of all Accessory equips
- Arcanas - A list of all Arcanas
- Armors - A list of all Armor equips
- Confidants - A list of all Confidants
- Consumables - A list of all Consumable items
- Encounters - A list of all encounters
- Enemies - A list of all enemies
- Key Items - A list of all Key Items
- Materials - A list of all Material Items
- Melee Weapons - A list of all Melee Weapons
- Outfits - A list of all equippable Outfits
- Personas - A list of all usable Personas
- Ranged Weapons - A list of all Ranged Weapons
- Skill Cards - A list of all Skill Cards
- Skills - A list of all usable Skills
- Traits - A list of all available Persona Traits